Alright everyone! Open details are here!!!!!
All of you! The open is for everyone and you don’t have to sign up with CrossFit HQ to participate at Odin. If you do sign up for the worldwide leaderboard we will have peer judges available to get you an official score. We will not have judges available for those who do not sign up for the Open on the CrossFit main page. Remember, no matter where you are in your CrossFit journey, the Open is for you! Come and have some fun!
The first Open of the year. Due to the changes at CrossFit HQ surrounding the Games, two Opens will be held this year. The first one is at the usual time, Spring, and will begin February 21st. (The next Open is in October and we will plan something entirely different, as it marks the beginning of the 2020 CrossFit Games season.) For those of you that may be new to the Open, the workouts are named 19.1, 19.2, 19.3, 19.4 and 19.5, representing the year and what week the workout is performed.
The where should go without being said…..at Odin, with your friends!
Here’s where things get a bit detailed. We decided to change up the days that we will do the Open workouts each week. This way, if members have standing commitments on, lets say, Friday nights, they won’t be prevented from joining in on the fun! Please be patient with some of the scheduling of heats for the weekend workouts. We will be able to post in the Odin group once we understand what the WOD looks like each week. All weekend heat runs will begin at 8 am.
We are also giving out Spirit Awards to the most spirited members during the scheduled events. These awards are for individuals that strongly demonstrate all that we love about the CrossFit culture: humility, comradery and crushing your goals. The schedule is as follows:
February 21st: (19.1) Thursday Night Throw Down.
· Start warming up and watch the live announcement of 19.1!!! Then crush it. Simple as that! It’s a late night but it’s going to be a fun one! Spirit Award will be given on Thursday night. Friday’s WOD programming will be 19.1 for everyone who cannot make the Throwdown. Judges will be available on Friday as well.
Friday, March 1st: (19.2) Friday Night Lights! “Throwback”
Everyone’s favorite night. Heats begin at 4:00 PM. The Friday WOD will be scheduled as 19.2 if you can’t make it in the evening. Tonight’s theme is “Throwback.” We aren’t getting specific….pick your era, pick your genre, or just wear that 1993 Chicago Bulls Starter jacket that you don’t have the heart to throw away.
Saturday March 9th: (19.3) Super Hero WOD and Waffles!
It’s time for brunch. Heats begin at 8 am and go until we’re finished. Details will come out on Friday as to when the cutoff for arrivals will be, based on the structure of the WOD. Grab a bite to eat, you’re going to be hungry. Today’s theme is Super Heroes!
Sunday, March 17th: (19.4) St. Pattys Day!!
This goes without saying….wear your St. Pattys Day best! Heats begin at 8 am and go until we are finished. Details will come out on Friday as to when the cutoff for arrivals will be, based on the structure of the WOD. Beer may be involved.
Saturday, March 23rd: (19.5) Odin Pride! Embrace your inner Viking
Heats begin at 8 am and go until we’re finished. Details will come out on Friday as to when the cutoff for arrivals will be, based on the structure of the WOD. If you want to rock a beard, here’s your one month notice!
For all weeks:
· Feel free to bring a quick potluck dish if you’d like. We aren’t doing anything formal outside of 19.3 brunch, but we’ll never turn down food!
· Judges will be available for those that need it. If you can’t make a scheduled time, please let us know so we can figure out a solution and get you a judge to score you.
· Please keep checking the private Odin group for updates once workouts are released. Some times may change based on the content and timing of the WOD (example: WOD with a 7 minute time cap vs a 20 minute AMRAP)
· We saved the best for last: HAVE A BLAST!